The US DOE today released the last Funding Opportunity Announcement for Round Three of a major carbon capture and sequestration project. The Clean Coal Power Initiative (CCPI) is an effort to promote commercialization of technologies, which will enable clean acquisition of coal-fired energy. The DOE may disburse as much as $430 million to selected participants, where the recipients will have to provide at least 50% of the amount themselves. The objective of the project is to demonstrate commercial viability of sequestering or beneficially utilizing CO2 emissions generated by cola-fired plants.
- UK Government Needs to Take Action Against Coal-Fired Plants
- Texas Coal Plant Strikes Agreement with Environmental Groups to Offset Emissions
- Chinese Firm to Test Carbon-Capture Technology with Chinese, Australian Governments Assistance
- Australia: Emissions Scheme Would Promote Gas-Fired Plants and Renewable Energy
- Investments in Clean Technology on the Rise